- Version: 1.2
- Released: 6/9/19
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Compatibility: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (x64, x86)
- Requirements: Windows Media Center
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Instantly upgrade the look and feel of your old Windows Media Center interface with a brand new, modern design. Not only has it undergone a complete overhaul, but many new features have also been added to make your Media Center experience the best it has ever been. Learn more about all of the new additions and enhancements.
- Enable Theme: If checked, resources embedded within WMC files will be updated to enable the modern theme. If unchecked, the default resources will be restored.
- Update Resources: Checks for updated theme resources. If available, the latest build will be downloaded and updates will be applied.
- Widescreen Content (16:9): Automatically resets the aspect mode to the specified setting for widescreen video when tuning live TV or changing channels.
- Standard Content (4:3): Automatically resets the aspect mode to the specified setting for standard video when tuning live TV or changing channels.
- Visibility: Sets the default visibility of Closed Captioning and subtitles when tuning live TV or changing channels.
- Load Scores and Reviews from Rotten Tomatoes: Displays data from Rotten Tomatoes on the program information screen.
- Load Extended Movie Metadata from AllMovie: Shows full plots and reviews for movies, as well as additional movie data. This setting restores the native Rovi-sourced data for movies in WMC, a feature which Microsoft announced in January 2019 would be discontinued.
- Load Extended Cast and Crew Information from IMDb: Provides biographical data from IMDb for cast and crew members when pressing Ctrl+D on individual names within the Cast & Crew section of program information.
- Load Supplemental Program Data from EPG123¹: Imports additional metadata for programs. A valid path to an existing EPG123 application directory must be specified. The option "Create UI+ support file" must also be enabled in the EPG123 Configuration GUI.
- Display Localized Content Ratings: Shows ratings information for non-U.S. systems. Supported countries include Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, United Kingdom, France and Germany.
- Weather Data: Sets the preferred unit of measurement (Fahrenheit or Celsius) for viewing weather information.
- Display Current Weather on Start Menu: Shows local weather conditions on the Start menu in WMC.
- Hide Seekbar During Skip and Replay: Prevents the seekbar from being displayed when using the skip and replay commands.
- Recent Channels List: Enables logging of the last eight channels watched. The list can be viewed by pressing the right arrow during playback in WMC.
- Dual Live TV Buffers³: Automatically buffers the current and previously tuned channels, enabling fast switching between channels, including pause and rewind capabilities. NOTE: Two new user accounts must be created manually and configured to emulate a Media Center Extender.
- Status: Indicates the current status of the background server, which facilitates communication between ModernMedia UI+ and Windows Media Center. If stopped, any features that rely on it will no longer function. NOTE: Every time the application is opened, the server is automatically started if it is not already running.